Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
As Las Vegas Sands Corporation (LVSC) continues to mature the cyber security program, we recognize the value of a world class designed and implemented cyber security model insuring security controls are implemented during the design and development process. This role is responsible for ensuring proper security measures are implemented, reviewed and reported on for all LVSC security systems.
The Security Architect is responsible for evaluating, maintaining, and improving the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the LVSC IT systems. The role will serve as a security consultant for internal systems, often designing, comparing vendor products, developing business cases, implementing, deploying and overseeing the transfer into production. The Security Architect reports to the Director of Security Architecture & Engineering. The Security Architect must possess solid domain competencies in a number of IT disciplines, including Security Architecture, Project Management, Incident Management & Response, Privacy, and Compliance.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp's policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement cyber security systems including Security Information & Event Monitoring (SIEM), Internet Content Filtering, Cloud security, Anti-malware as well as security controls in corporate applications.
- Develop security performance metrics
- Assist project managers in risk assessment, mitigation, and reporting throughout the project life cycle
- Develop and consult on the security architecture of IT solutions
- Lead the mitigation of cyber security risks through system implementations and modifications, insuring all applications and data comply with cyber security policies and controls
- Identify, propose, schedule, budget, align resources, execute, and report on cyber security projects
- Provide security consulting for IT projects
- Applies a deep understanding of the information security, cyber security, and operational characteristics of a variety of computer platforms, networks, software applications, and operating systems
- Provides technical direction and guidance to other Cyber Security Engineers, Information Technology and the business to align with regulatory and security requirements
- Integrates comprehensive metrics into the security posture of the organization, identifies areas of weakness and vulnerability and recommends changes to meet security standards
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Information Science preferred or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience on information security practices relating to PCI, SOX, HIPAA, application security and/or PII data protection
- Demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff
- One of the following professional security management certifications; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
- Experience in host system administration, access administration, network engineering, or database administration is desirable, as is familiarity with core network services such as TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP and LDAP
- Experience analysing, and consulting on availability, access control & security monitoring for a wide breadth of platforms
- Experience with security protection systems such as SIEM, Antivirus, GRC, DLP and Encryption enterprise-class suites and UTM and NextGen Firewall deployment
- Experience using application security and host security scanning tools such as Backtrack, MetaSploit, Nessus, Qualys, and others
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience securing and managing hosted solutions (SaaS and PaaS)
- Experience securing and managing mobile computing environments
- Working knowledge of cryptographic technologies, security protocols, security analysis and risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of a broad range of IT Security, Controls and Service Delivery standards and frameworks for example, International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for IT (CoBIT), and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Ability to execute multiple projects and tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Las Vegas Sands Corp Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis. (Potential shifts may run 24/7 due to the need of the business.)
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts
Las Vegas Neva, United States of America
Las Vegas Sands Corp
Las Vegas Sands Corp
3/20/2017 11:38:27 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.